This course is intended for anyone who has been climbing ice for at least one season and is looking to improve technique (especially for steep ice), gain new skills related to ice climbing and progress to lead climbing.
Curriculum will include the following:
- How to climb steep ice and not get pumped.
- How to climb unusual ice (mushroom, cauliflower, chandelier, pillars, etc).
- How to place ice screws.
- How to build ice anchors.
- How to make V threads and A threads for rappel anchors and as protection.
- Multi pitch ice systems and skills.
Participants should have basic ice climbing gear including boots, crampons and tools, however, it is not necessary to have ice screws in order to take the course. Limited enrollment.