Fri, Sep 08|
A Queer Climbing Event
Join Climb Nova Scotia in Truro, NS for an evening of Queer Climbing in a safe and welcoming space.
Time & Location
Sep 08, 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Truro, 625 Abenaki Rd, Truro, NS B2N 0G6, Canada
About the event
Join Climb Nova Scotia and folks from the RATH Climbing Wall for a free night of climbing with other members of the queer community.
Here is what you can expect to make the experience safe and welcoming.
- Ages 16+
- Private Queer safe space to meet and hang with others from the Queer community.
- Free food and good times.
- Free rentals and lessons, so no experience is needed.
- Free admission
- Dedicated change rooms and gender neutral washrooms.
- Spaces will be held for self-identifying Black, Indigenous and People of Colour. Volunteers who self-identify as Black, Indigenous, People of Colour and part of the 2SLGBTQI+community will be there so you will be sure to feel safe and welcome.
- 3X 45 min climbing time blocks for up to 15 ppl (6:30-7:15, 7:30-8:15, 8:30-9:15) Sign up for a spot in advance.
- "Learn to Belay" instructions available for up to 8 ppl during time slots #2 (7:15-8:00) & #3 (8:30-9:15). Sign up for a spot in advance.
- Time to socialize with others in between sessions/
We look forward to seeing you on September 8th! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Time Slot #1 6:30-7:15pm
This is for Time Slot #1 from 6:30-7:15pm.
Time Slot #2 7:30-8:15
This is for Time Slot #2 from 7:30-8:15pm. This timeslot includes belay lessons. Please email email@example.com if you would like a Belay lesson.
Time Slot #3 8:30-9:15pm
This is for Time Slot #3 from 8:30-9:15pm. This timeslot includes belay lessons. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a Belay lesson.